The Sustainability Office leads, coordinates and supports various sustainability initiatives across the campus. Here are some examples of current initiatives underway.
- Sustainability Planning and Policy DevelopmentThe Sustainability Office is responsible for the development of sustainability plans and policies to achieve UBC's sustainability's commitments.
We are currently developing a whole systems plan in parallel with and in support of the UBC Okanagan Campus Plan (2015).
The plan will outline aspirational 2050 Campus Sustainability Goals, a long term road map, targets, and a 5 year implementation plan toward the achievement of those goals.
- Building Optimization ProgramThe Building Optimization Project is a partnership between UBC's Sustainability Office, Facilities Management and FortisBC to conserve energy and reduce carbon emissions from legacy campus buildings. Monitoring software and a public-facing dashboard, developed by Pulse Energy, has been implemented in nine campus buildings.
- The Power of YouThe Power of You (PoU) was founded in 2012 as an executive-endorsed voluntary energy reduction awareness and engagement program.
- Pipet Tip Box Recycling ProgramRecycle empty pipet tip boxes and you'll reduce waste! Register your lab to participate in the Pipet Tip Box Recycling Program: From the Lab Bench To the Park Bench and you'll increase material diversion while reducing campus waste.
- Rescued Paper Scratch PadRescued Paper Pads made from 100% re-used paper collected at the Okanagan campus are now available free off charge to the campus community.
- Green TeamsStarting a Green Team at UBC's Okanagan campus is an excellent way to get involved with green initiatives to reduce the environmental footprint of your building, department, classroom, lab, or residence.
- CollaborationsAt UBC’s Okanagan campus, the Sustainability Office collaborates across the campus and with relevant external stakeholders to advance campus sustainability performance.
Last reviewed 6/8/2016 3:29:35 PM