OKANAGAN CAMPUS SUSTAINABILITY AWARDS & RECOGNITION
The Okanagan campus has received many sustainability awards for sustainable development and construction practices.
For information on some of the award definitions, please click here
- UBC Okanagan’s Skeena Residence received Passive House Certification
- UBC recognized as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers in 2022 for the 11th consecutive year
- UBC Okanagan’s Skeena Residence selected as an award-winning project for the 14th Annual Canadian Green Building Awards, a program of Sustainable Architecture & Building (SABMag).
- UBC leads as one of Canada’s Greenest Employers in 2021 for the 10th consecutive year.
- UBC Okanagan Skeena Residence selected as the recipient of the Canadian Wood Council Wood Design & Building’s 2020 BC Wood Design: Environmental Performance Award.
- CleanBC Better Buildings, Net-Zero Energy-Ready Challenge winners of the Construction Incentive for Skeena Residence, UBC’s first Passivhaus development.
- LEED Gold Certification for Engineering, Management and Education Building.
- LEED Gold Certification for Reichwald Health Sciences Centre.
- Thompson Okanagan Commercial Building Awards for Purcell Student Residence and the campus Geo-Exchange District Energy System
- The first campus in the world to achieve Five Green Globes distinction for the Arts and Sciences Centre and the Charles E. Fipke Centre for Innovative Research.
- FortisBC Conservation Excellence Awards for Arts and Sciences Centre, Engineering Management & Education, Reichwald Health Sciences Centre, Geo-Exchange District Energy System and Gym Lighting Retrofit Project.
- REAP Gold Level Certification for Purcell Student Residence.
- Featured profile in the Southern Interior Construction Association (SICA) Construction Review, the official publication of SICA
- FortisBC PowerSense Award for energy efficiency measures in design and construction for the Purcell Student Residence.