The emerging CAP 2030 has identified bold targets and key actions that can accelerate UBCO towards its aspiration to achieve net-positive performance by 2050 in line with its Whole Systems Infrastructure Plan goal. Further significant analysis is needed to confirm the best solution or approach, refine costing and ensure that the right resources are made available.
The CAP Project Team will continue to refine the strategies and targets developed thus far and identify the resources needed to ensure successful implementation. Key next steps include:
- Complete studies on Low Carbon Energy Strategy with recommendations and supporting business case
- Scoping and development of communications and engagement campaign support in high impact extended emission areas that can apply to UBC Okanagan campus
- Draft detailed action plan and initiatives to address Extended Impact Emission sources for commuting and food systems
- Creating a final draft CAP 2030 for presentation to Board in November 2021
From March 29 – April 16, 2021 we are holding a university-wide engagement process on CAP 2030. This engagement process is an opportunity to learn about the emerging CAP 2030, ask questions, and share perspectives. Input received through this Spring 2021 Public Consultation in addition to on-going studies and work of the topic-based working groups and technical committees will inform the final CAP 2030, which will be presented to the Board of Governors in November 2021.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Learn more about the emerging directions throughout this webpage and read the full report presented to the Board of Governors in February 2021
- Attend a virtual webinar for a presentation on CAP 2030 followed by a Q&A
- Share your perspective through our online survey from March 29-April 16 on how to strengthen and support all actions needed to reduce emissions. You can also enter to win 1 of 5 $100 e-gift cards at the end of the survey!