Bike | Bus | Carpool | Roll | Walk
UBC Okanagan joined the 2019 Campus Commuter Challenge and successfully reduced its Scope 3 emissions through green commuting!
Participates were encourages to commute to campus using an alternative mode of transportation that did not include single-occupancy vehicles.
Faculty, staff and students chose to:
- carpool with one or more coworkers or classmates;
- roll to campus on a bike, blades or chair;
- take a scenic ride on the bus while reading the news; or
- start the day with a brisk walk.
The campus’ efforts resulted in the following:
- 271 Participants Registered; 191 Participants Reported
- 48,996 Kilometers were travelled using a green mode of transportation
- 3,769 Litres of Fuel were saved (~$4,896 @ $1.299/L)
- 7,120 Kilograms of CO2 were avoided, equivalent to 1.5 passenger vehicles driven for one year
- 243% Increase in commuting by carpool during challenge
How did UBCO commute to campus from September 23 – October 4, 2019?