With one-stop at clearly marked locations, you can sort your materials and be quickly on your way.
UBC Okanagan’s campus has replaced 18 (15 garbage and 3 recycling) outdoor, stand-alone receptacles with 12 sets of solar-powered compacting recycling stations since 2014. These innovative recycling stations save space, time and money for the campus. The stations compaction element means they require fewer collection pick-ups by Facilities Management personnel and subsequently fewer bag replacements.
- External Big Belly Recycling Stations are located throughout the campus core and outlying areas by each academic and administration building as well as the Transit Exchange.
- Internal recycling stations can be found in every building on campus:
- The quad bins, which include a Blue recycling bin, Green returnable bin, Yellow compost bin and Grey waste bin, are located at the main foyers and entrances of every academic and administration building on campus.
- The recycling station trio bins, which include a Blue recycling bin, Green returnable bin and Grey waste bin are located on every floor of every academic and administration building on campus.
- Pink battery collection tubes are located in foyers in various buildings. Contact Health, Safety and Environment for more information.