On March 13, 2023, UBC Okanagan faculty, staff and students came together for a dialogue on climate and justice research and an open space on climate action in the UBCO community!
To inform, engage and inspire our campus community in taking collective climate solutions.
Our 2023 event was a great success, with:
- inspiring, heartfelt speakers at the Opening and Closing;
- 16 great presenters for the research panels on solutions for climate and justice;
- 5 tables for discussing climate action on campus, including mitigation (reducing our emissions from transportation, food and waste) and building resilience (better support for climate advocacy and community care);
- a delicious plant-forward meal served up by UBCO Food Services;
- a performance, titled: “Can I Ask You a Question?” by MFA students; and,
- almost 100 student, staff and faculty participants coming together as one big community!
Now that we’ve had the Teach-In, let’s keep the climate action moving:
- Sign up and keep in touch with Climate Action Plan 2030 Engagement (CAP-E) working group
- Read the 2023 UBCO Teach-In Report
- Video clip of the 2023 live event developed by UBC Studios Okanagan
The 2nd UBCO Teach-In on Climate & Justice event would not have been possible without the support of the UBC Okanagan Climate Action Plan 2030 Engagement (CAP-E) Working Group and the many volunteers who joined us in holding this event. CAP-E is a team of faculty, staff and students that meet regularly to identify engagement opportunities that support the advancement of the UBCO CAP 2030 reduction targets.
This event is part of the Worldwide Teach-In on Climate and Justice taking place in hundreds of locations around the world.
- 2023 UBCO Teach-In Poster
- UBC Okanagan Climate Action Plan 2030
- UBC Okanagan’s Climate Change Accountability Reports
- UBC Okanagan Climate/Justice Teach-In Report, 2022
- UBC Okanagan Climate/Justice Teach-In, 2022 videos:
- UBC Okanagan Climate/Justice Teach-In Agenda, 2022
SIGN-UP and keep in touch with the CAP-E working group
Sign Up for CAP-E Connection
Participants at engagement events can add their names and email address to list serve for notifications of upcoming CAP-E events/meetings, etc.